Ragi (Finger Millet) Bread
- All purpose flour/ bread flour (seived) 6.5 cups
- Ragi flour 1 cup
- Active Dry Yeast 2 tbsp
- Honey 3 tbsp
- Water 3.5 cups
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Warm the water to 115 degrees farenheit.
- Add the honey.
- Add the yeast and let it sit till it froths (about 3 minutes).
- Add the oil and salt.
- Mix the flours.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes (very important) using the liquid concoction prepared above.
- The dough should come together and have “feel like a baby’s butt” (quoting Tina here).
- Cover the dough with thin moist (not dripping wet) cloth. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Punch the dough and knead it for 2 minutes. Divide it into 2 equal portions.
- Shape each into logs and put them in the 4×9 bread pan.
- Cover again with the moist cloth and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!